Monday 6 May 2013

How to differentiate Bronchial Asthma and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)


Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) refers to a group of lung diseases that block airflow and make breathing difficult.
Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are the two most common conditions that make up COPD. Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from your lungs. Emphysema occurs when the air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the smallest air passages (bronchioles) in the lungs are gradually destroyed.

Asthma is a common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, reversible airflow obstruction, and bronchospasm. Common symptoms include wheezingcoughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath.

References: 
^ NHLBI Guideline 2007, pp. 11–12
                   
http://www.mayoclinic.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank to Dr Gerald for bring back my lover in just 24 hours, when my lover left me i was sad and unhappy i wanted to kill my self because i love him so much i try to do what i can to get him but it did not work than I reach my friends and beg for them to help me beg him that am so sorry for what i have done, but it never work when i was browsing on my face-book. i saw some testimony of the great man and how he help people to bring back their lost lover back that's when i contacted him on Whats-App +14242983869 in just 24 hours my story change, my lover that left me come back and beg after five month i was so happy that my lover is back to me all my appreciation goes to Dr Gerald for bring back my lover back contact him if you are having any similar problem like this are any problem you may have Dr Gerald is the solution man, Whats-App him on +14242983869

    ReplyDelete